- Helens: A local favorite since 1954, Helen’s is renowned for their seafood (the lobster bisque has inspired poetry) and their pie.
- Skywalkers Bar and Grille: This laid-back micro-brewery offers comfort food bar fare and a great selection of beer.
- Pat’s Pizza: A local “chain” (they have other locations in Maine), Pat’s offers hand-tossed pizza and cozy Italian food, in a sports bar-themed environment.
- River’s Edge Drive In: A seasonally-operated roadside establishment, River’s Edge blends quality eats with food truck ease.
- Riverside Take Out: Seasonally available, this take-out has what locals and summertime folk agree is the best lobster rolls in the area.
- Tom’s Mini-Mart: Gracing the back of a gas station, Tom’s tests the mettle of its guests with its location. Adventurous folk who find it are always happy they do.
- Jo’s Famous Schnitzel Wagon: Schnitzel? In Maine? Yup. If you enjoy a little of the Bavarian in your vacation, Jo’s is the place to go.
- Vasquez Mexican Take-out: Seasonally open, this take-out joint is a favorite of local families – and they try to keep it a secret from the summertime folk! If you are a fan of south-of-the-border cuisine, it is worth the 30-minute drive.
- Lubec Brewing Co.: Open year-round, Lubec Brewing Co. offers craft beers in a cozy and casual bar setting, with local organic menu items and a pretty incredible stream of live musicians.
- Swamp Yankee Barbeque: Open year-round, Swamp Yankee features barbeque food that quenches the down-home BBQ itch of former Texans.
- Bayview Take-out: When it comes to fried seafood, one of the best is Bayview Takeout located on Beals Island. It offers great service, great fried seafood, awesome onion rings and it was recently voted the best lobster roll in Maine. (Who has the best lobster roll? Is it Bayview or Riverside? We invite you to be the judge!)
For other local area places to dine, visit Trip Advisor listings.